SAFe® Agilist 4.0 Certification
Scaled Agile Framework, lean, and product development flow principles in the SAFe Enterprise
This training course and Certification will be conducted over FOUR 4-hour evenings - (see below for schedule) - certification fee is included
This course teaches the Lean-Agile Principles and practices of SAFe. You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The SAFe Agilist (SA) certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
You will learn about:
- SAFe, Lean, and Agile — The SAFe 4.0 framework and principles; Lean values; and, the Agile process movement.
- Implementing the Agile Release Train (ART) — Organize an Agile Release Train; Organize Agile teams and key Agile Release Train roles; and, Understand the Release Planning process.
- Experience Release (PI) Planning — Create draft plans; Finalize plans; and, Review and commit.
- Executing and Releasing Value — Prepare the Vision and Program Backlog; Prioritize the Program Backlog; Plan the PI; Update the Roadmap; Execute the Iterations; Execute the PI, Inspect and Adapt; and, Release Value.
- Building an Agile Portfolio — Define Strategic Themes; Define Value Streams; Advance the solution with Epics; Implement Lean-Agile Budgeting; Forecast; Understand how to capitalize costs; and, Implement Agile Program Portfolio Management.
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise — Lead the change; Know the way; Emphasize life-long learning; Develop people; Inspire and align with mission; Minimize constraints; Decentralize decision-making; and, Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers.
No Pre-requisites, but helpful if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Schedule (all 4 required):
- Session #1 / Tuesday 06DEC16, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Session #2 / Wednesday 07DEC16, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Session #3 / Tuesday 13DEC16, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
- Session #4 / Wednesday 14DEC16, 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Curtis V Palmer, MBA
SAFe Program Consultant and Certified Scrum Master