Actions and Detail Panel
Leading - and Feeling - Change in Congregations (Canceled)
Sat, March 25, 2017, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Due to low enrollment, this event has been canceled. Please consider exploring "Leading -and Feeling- Clange" at our evening webinar on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
For elected leaders in congregations and religious professionals. Because the impact of a program is far greater when the learning is shared, you are encouraged to sign up with a small team of folks from your congregation.
PRESENTER: Hilary Allen, New England Region UUA
We commonly talk about change within congregations as inevitable, but what exactly are the dynamics and how can leaders help navigating change? We’ll look at various change theories and give you an opportunity to make meaning of them, as well as consider how to apply them within your congregation.
The program will attempt to offer a blended experience: on the one hand, a more traditional workshop with content and tools, and on the other, the reflection and sharing experiences more typical of a retreat. The idea is that you leave with strategies and practices to take back to your congregation, while also feeling more rejuvenated and refreshed.
Because the impact of a program is far greater when the learning is shared, you are encouraged to sign up with a small team of folks from your congregation. Registered participants will receive an email with brief pre-work prior to the workshop.
LOCATION: First Parish Northboro Unitarian Universalist, Northborough, MA (Directions)
- Also offered as a 90-minute evening webinar on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
- $50 per person up to the first three from the same congregation
- $35 per person after the first three from the same congregation
TEAM DISCOUNT: Teams receive $15 off the registration fee for the fourth and up team members. Learning takes root more effectively when four or more people from the same congregation attend.
MINISTRY STUDENTS: $35 per student
While we know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees, since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregations will select and financially support participants who come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please contact us. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
NOTE TO ALL ATTENDEES: Please bring your own bag lunch. Morning refreshments, drinks and afternoon snacks will be provided.
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Monday, March 20
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
- If you or a teammate needs to cancel a registration before the event, please contact us as early as possible, by one week before the event at the latest, and a refund will be provided less a $10.00 administrative fee. Within one week of the event refunds less a $10.00 administrative fee will only be given in the case of illness or emergency. Refunds will not be available after the event for non attendance. We ask for your understanding in respecting this policy, which supports our organizational efforts and expenses.
- The New England Region UUA may need to cancel an event in the case of low enrollment. We will contact you well in advance of the event and provide prompt, full refund of registration fees.
- In cases of inclement winter weather, we will try to reschedule an event if the conditions are deemed unsafe for driving.