They say that leaders are born, not made. While it is true that some people are born leaders, some leaders are born in the midst of adversity. Often, simple people who have never had a leadership role will stand up and take the lead when a situation they care about requires it.
Once you learn the techniques of true Leadership, you will be able to build the confidence it takes to take the lead. The more experience you have acting as a genuine leader, the easier it will be for you. It is never easy to take the lead, as you will need to make decisions and face challenges, but it can become natural and rewarding.
- Define “leadership”
- Explain leadership styles
- Understand Transformational Leadership
- Understand the people you lead and how to adapt your leadership styles
- Explain leading by Directing
- Explain leading by Participating
- Explain leading by Delegating
- Demonstrate communication strategies
- Conduct a personal inventory
- Create an action plan
- Establish personal goals
This is course also counts as credit towards the Management Academy.
APRIL 5, 2017 DEL MAR CED ROOM 117
JULY 18, 2017 DEL MAR CED ROOM 119