Actions and Detail Panel
Leadership Management Academy 201-202- 2017
Thu, Apr 27, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Apr 28, 2017, 6:00 PM EDT
Thank you!!! We appreciate your continued support. Please avail the Special Discount from GlobalCompliancePanel
Use MGCP50 Promo Code to Get Flat 50% OFF on ALL SEMINARS - Offer Ends March 31st 2017.
Why Should You Attend?
By attending, you will take advantage of a great opportunity to advance as a manager to the next level!
Too often, we focus on getting things done and results and miss working on our self-development. Let's face it: this is how we get paid yet this is also how we keep falling behind when it comes to our careers. It's time to get ahead! Don't miss an opportunity to advance as a manager again!
We'll take you through peer discussions addressing leading and managing, integrating finance and quality, managing your time effectively, managing performance and managing up.
Join us as we help you report back to your manager that "I'm ready to take the next step in advancing my management career!"
Why should you attend :
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Lead and manage
- Integrate finance and quality in your organization
- Manage your time, including prioritizing
- Manage performance
- Understand behavioral styles, so you can manage more effectively
- Handle performance conversations, especially difficult conversations
- Coach with purpose and focus
- Manage to Action Plans, both by your team members and yourself
- Build teams
- Integrate performance improvement and quality improvement
- Manage your manager, manage up
Are you concerned about getting ahead, taking the next step in your management career, yet you never seem to have the time?
Would you like to get a better handle on those difficult "performance conversations" you have to have?
Would it make a difference if you could coach more effectively with purpose and focus?
Would you like to improve your management skills to the point where everyone on your team is taking action to achieve results every day?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through these important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members' and team's performance, all of which helps us manage even more affectively and rise up the corporate ladder!
Areas Covered in the Session:
Leading and Managing
- Coping with new roles as leaders
- The differences between leading and managing
- Leading effectively - best practices
- Managing effectively - best practices
Integrating Finance and Quality in Our Organization
- Quality Management
- How are we managing quality in our organization?
- Best practices
- Improving quality and quality management
- Quality and Cost - Drive down labor and supply costs while improving the quality of products and service provided
- Management Integration - Find the right structure, align incentives, and engage managers in business and process improvements.
- Revenue Cycle - Implement the cultural, process, technology, and talent strategies that will get better results with limited resources.
- Budgeting -- Planning, Implementing and Evaluating
Managing Time Effectively / Prioritizing
- How we can be more efficient and effective
- Determining priorities and focusing on the important (time management/delegation)
- LEM goals
- Managing increasingly multiple priorities and working relationships
- Understanding Behavior, Managing Performance Within a Behavioral Context
- Behavioral styles - how can we quantify behavior interactions with customers and with co-workers
- Evaluating behavior
- Understanding behavioral tendencies (DiSC - Dominant, Influencing, Steady and Cautious) and addressing when reviewing performance
- Performance Conversations, Difficult Conversations
- How to have those conversations with employees (crucial performance conversations)
- Coaching and mentoring - especially with those who are under-performing
- Why might people not be performing well - understanding and addressing
- Integrating coaching with performance conversations.
- Action Planning
- Follow-up to those conversations
- Monitoring the Action Plan
- Modeling the behavior we expect
- Monitoring and reviewing of Action Plans
- Performance Reviews
- Working with HR for conducting performance reviews objectively
- Managing and implementing Professional Development Plans (PDPs)
- The importance of documenting performance
- Letting someone go legally and professionally while protecting yourself at the same time
- Integrating Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement
- Taking this to the next level - follow-through - continuing that improvement
- Keeping the environment positive while effectively managing performance
- Supporting employee morale and job satisfaction - tips and techniques we can use
- Building/sustaining a cohesive team - accountability
- Managing Up
- Managing your manager
- Dealing with senior management
- Managing new and evolving working relationships - how do you push back without pushing back
- Persuasion influencing, (up) and negotiating up
Who will benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Lecture 1: Leading and Managing
Lecture 2: Integrating Finance and Quality - Part 1
Lecture 3: Integrating Finance and Quality - Part 2
Lecture 4: Managing Time Effectively - Part 1
Day 2 Schedule
Lecture 1: Managing Time Effectively - Part 2
Lecture 2: Managing Performance - Part 1
Lecture 3: Managing Performance - Part 2
Lecture 4: Managing Your Manager, Managing Up
Founder and President, Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide,
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle's clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, "90 Days to a High-Performance Team", published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster's International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
Location: Raleigh, NC Date: April 27th & 28th, 2017 and Time: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Venue: Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport
Address: Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport 2001 Hospitality Ct, Morrisville, NC 27560, United States
Register now and save $200. (Early Bird)
Price: $1,195.00 (Seminar Fee for One Delegate)
Until March 15, Early Bird Price: $1,195.00 From March 16 to April 25, Regular Price: $1,395.00
Register for 5 attendees Price: $3,585.00 $5,975.00 You Save: $2,390.00 (40%)*
NetZealous DBA as GlobalCompliancePanel
Like us our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TrainingsAtGlobalCompliancePanel/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCPanel
Date and Time
Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport
Courtyard Raleigh-Durham Airport 2001 Hospitality Ct, Morrisville, NC 27560, United States
Raleigh, NC 27560