Leadership competencies have become the most current focus of business.
Research has documented that leadership competencies are necessary for an organizations to achieve its desired business outcome. This presentation will provide insights centered on the Leadership competencies necessary for an organization to successfully manage through the evolution its business cycles. Gain understanding about the different competency expectations for distinct leadership levels within a organization and understand how establishing an organization’s core competencies provides a base for evaluating and developing leadership talent necessary to compete effectively and successfully in our ever challenging business environments.
The presenters of this complimentary seminar are esteemed members of Medaille College’s Leadership - Management Council and well experienced in organizational change. The session, including Q&A and roundtable, focuses on the following areas:
• How to establish leadership competencies
• Understand the need for job and skill competencies expected & required upon hire
• Analyzing the different competency expectations based upon the leadership level
• Examine a real world business case study
• Recognize what competencies become critical when considering a strategic direction
• Understand the role of competencies necessary to meet an organization’s objectives
• Analyze how to evaluate competencies needed against the evolutionary stage of business cycles
Executives, division leaders and other senior managers involved in the creation and execution of strategic planning are best suited for this offering.
“Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” - Peter Drucker
This presentation is the first of four sessions in the Excellence in Leadership Series for 2014, which aims to provide continuing education and enhancement of core competencies for organizational leaders. The series is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Attendees are encouraged to register early, as space is limited.
7:30 to 8 a.m.: Networking and breakfast
8 to 9:30 a.m.: Presentation
Have questions about Leadership Competencies?
Contact Medaille College Alumni Association