LEA Institute: It Takes a City to Ensure Every Student Succeeds
OSSE cordially invites you to participate in our upcoming LEA Institute on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, entitled “It Takes a City to Ensure Every Student Succeeds,” at the Kellogg Center at Gallaudet University.
On Dec. 10, 2015, President Obama signed the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and replaced the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001. ESSA creates an important opportunity for education leaders and practitioners to work together to leverage and expand upon current reform efforts. The focus of the February 2017 LEA Institute is ESSA transition and implementation. Institute participants will:
- Gain an understanding of ESSA requirements;
- Learn about DC’s New State Education Plan: Meeting the Needs of All Learners through ESSA;
- Determine their readiness for ESSA implementation at the local and school level;
- Provide input on specific policy areas of DC’s new state plan; and
- Give feedback on OSSE’s plan for LEA transition support.
OSSE is encouraging LEA and school leadership teams to attend this event.
For more information about ESSA implementation in the District of Columbia, visit OSSE's ESSA webpage.
Questions? Please email OSSE.TTA@dc.gov.