Use Laulima’s basic tools to setup your courses for the upcoming semester.
Laulima is the University of Hawaii's online collaborative learning environment. You can use Laulima to organize class materials, streamline communication with your students (including feedback on assignments and grades), reduce paper use, and increase student engagement for your online and face-to-face classes. In this fun and interactive challenge, you will work with a partner to learn how to use Laulima’s basic tools so you can set-up your courses for the upcoming semester.
- Edit Tools: Identify how to add/remove tools in a Laulima site
- Syllabus: Add your syllabus
- Forums: Create a discussion forum
- Assignments: Set up an assignment
- Assignments, Tests and Surveys: Create a quiz
- Gradebook: Add a gradebook item
- Announcements: Create an announcement
- Import from Site: Identify how to copy/import content to a new Laulima site
Please bring your:
- Laptop, if you have one.
- Syllabus in electronic format.
- An assignment, if you have it.
Note for TEP participants: This workshop was already included in your program so you do not need to register for this event.
Note: This workshop is part of the Learning with Technology for Teaching > Starter Instructional Technologies workshop series. For more information about "The Laulima Challenge" workshop, please visit: http://blogs.leeward.hawaii.edu/laulima/laulima-challenge/.
Date and Time
Leeward Community College, room LC 108A