Latin Street SALSA Congreso & Chicago Bachata Convention 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM - Monday, August 20, 2012 at 4:00 AM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Latin Street SALSA Congreso 2012
When Chicago is Hot!
August 16th - August 19th, 2012
4 Days of non-stop Salsa!
- Live Music dance concerts!
- 4 Days of Dance Showcases! Over 70 dance performances!
- 3 days of Dance workshops! Over 80 workshops to choose from! including over 20 Bachata Workshops!
- 3 Days of Salsa vending Marketplace
- 4 Days of Chicago Salsa nighctlubs!
- Landmark Chicago locations!
- The best dance instructors in the World & performances by World Salsa Champions!
- Come 2 days early and leave 2 days later and enjoy The Chicago Air & Water Show, The Lake front beach, lake Michigan & Chicago river tours, Navy Pier and many more...
- Enjoy The 3rd Annual Chicago Bachata Convention during the Latin Street Salsa Congreso! 21 Bachata workshops!
- Enjoy "Cuban Timba Sunday"with Afro Cuban/Cuban Salsa & Casino Style workshops & Cuban Timba Party at Night!
- Also, special 6-hr intensive "Performance Workshop Class" with 2-time World Salsa Champions Anya Katsevman & Luis Aguilar! (Separate registration required)
Guest of Honor: Albert Torres
Instructors & Dance perfomers already confirmed for 2012!
Full line-up of instructors already confirmed.. for a complete list go to the official website:
DJs confirmed: World Salsa Dj Henry Knowles (NY), El Caobo (Fania Records Official Salsa DJ), Gio Torres (Toronto), Sabor (Detroit), Frankie J (Chgo) & Luis Rollin' Rivera.
Chicago Qualifyier for World Latin Dance Cup at The Tropicana in Las Vegas!
The 1st and the 2nd place of each division goes directly to the semifinals of the World Latin Dance Cup 2013.
The winning couples of each division and the director of the winning team gets the roundtrip airfare from Chicago to The WLDC location. Or the value of the trip in $ U.S.
All winners go to the World Latin Dance Cup representing their country and The Latin Street Salsa Congreso in Chicago.
Entry fee per couple: $ 75.00
Entry fee per team (minimum 3 couples): $ 200.00
Call 312 427 2572 to register. .
Preliminary rounds will take place on Thursday 8/16 @ Excalibur & The Final will take place on Sunday 8/19 @ The Cubby Bear.
All workshops, registration & Salsa marketplace will be at Excalibur. 630 N. Dearborn.
Thur 8/16: Opening Night & World Latin Dance Cup Chgo Prelim @ Excalibur. 630 N. Dearborn.
Fri 8/17: Chicago Night @ Bottom Lounge. 1375 W. Lake St.
Sat 8/18: International World Champions Night @ Congress Theater. 2135 N. Milwaukee.
Sun: 8/19: Closing Night & World Latin Dance Cup Chgo Final @ The Cubby Bear. 1059 W. Addison.
Hotel Cass Magnificent Mile. 640 N. Wabash.
$139 for a single room & $169 for a double.
Free breakfast & Free Wifi.
Use the code "LSS" when registering or Latin Street Salsa Congreso!
Phone: (312) 787-4030. Toll Free: (800) 799-4030 -- Reservations
When Chicago is Hot!
For info call: 312 427 2572 - 312 42 SALSA
When & Where
Latin Street Music & Dancing Inc
Latin dance studio & Entertainment company. Home to Lisa "La Boriqua" & The Chicago Latin Street Dance Company