LASER Talks at Berkeley
Chaired by Piero Scaruffi
- 7:00-7:25: Carlo Sequin (UC Berkeley) on "Klein bottles and Super-Bottles"
- 7:25-7:50: Andra Keay (Silicon Valley Robotics) on "Designing Good Robots"
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Marjorie Schwarzer on "An Elephant in the Closet: The history of habitat dioramas"
- 8:35-9:00: Carrie Hott (Media Artist) on "Nets for the Unweighable"
This event is kindly sponsored by the Minerva Foundation and hosted by UC Berkeley.
The mission of the LASERs is to provide the general public with a snapshot of the cultural environment of a region and to foster interdisciplinary networking. For details about other LASER events please visit us online or contact us. Bay Area LASER Talks are organized by Pierro Scaruffi.
"Klein bottles and Super-Bottles"
"Nets for the Unweighable"
Silicon Valley Robotics
"Designing Good Robots"
University of San Francisco
"An Elephant in the Closet: The history of habitat dioramas"