$75 – $500

Large Animal Genetic Engineering Summit

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

4000 Canyons Resort Drive

Park City, UT 84098

View Map

Event description

Description

Join us for the second Large Animal Genetic Engineering Summit, this year at Canyons Resort in beautiful Park City, Utah, just 35 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport.

Remarkable developments in genome editing are revolutionizing medicine and agriculture as large animal genomes can, for the first time, be modified with sophistication and efficiency so far only achievable in the mouse. This technology allows for improvement in livestock production traits, agricultural animal health and welfare, and generation of more refined large animal models for biomedical applications. The summit brings together reproductive biologists, geneticists, molecular biologists, preclinical and clinical researchers, and animal model developers in academia and industry.

Registration includes all sessions, proceedings, an opening reception, continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, and outdoor lunch on the first and last full days of the meeting.

Airport:

The Salt Lake City International Airport is the closest airport to Park City. Participants who wish to visit southern Utah’s national parks before or after the conference may also consider using McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV.

Directions to Canyons Village If You Rent a Car at the Airport:

Follow I-80 E to UT-224. Take exit 145 toward Park City. After 3 miles, turn right onto Canyons Resort Drive and follow it to signs directing entry to the base parking facilities. Valet/Underground parking at the Grand Summit is included in the resort fee. Underground parking for Sundial Lodge and Silverado Lodge guests is complimentary. A list of car rental agencies available at the SLC airport can be found on their website at https://www.slcairport.com/parking-and-transportation/rental-cars-2/.

Free Park City Bus System

Getting around Park City is easy thanks to a free, bio-diesel, bike and ski-friendly public transportation system.

Read more or download Park City Bus Maps.


Refund Policy:

Organizers will provide a 90% refund to registrants who contact Tammy Firth (tammy.firth@usu.edu), on or before May 4, 2018. The remaining 10% will be retained as an administrative fee. No refunds will be granted after May 4, but someone may attend in the place of the person originally registered.

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

4000 Canyons Resort Drive

Park City, UT 84098

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved