San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ico Bukvic will teach a workshop appropriate for ages 10 and up covering an introduction to Pd-L2ork interactive visual programming environment and its K12 eduction module. The workshop will cover:
- Introduction to the Pure Data environment
- Pd-L2ork in the K12 cirriculum
- Interfacing with external devices (Wiimote, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- The design and devlopment of a real-time instrument controlable via Wiimote and other devices
- Introduction to music scoring strategies for laptops
- Collaborative music performance, including the laptop orchestra genre
Please bring your own laptop. If you have (or can locate) a Nintnedo Wiimote controller, please bring that as well for more fun. (Wiimote with accessories must be older Wiimote version with motion plus as a separate add-on.)
For additional information on L2ork, visit l2ork.music.vt.edu
Discounts for CRASH Space members - see member list for details.
(Note this runs concurrently with the Your Computer, Your Creativity workshop)
When & Where
We are a collection of hackers, programmers, builders, makers, artists and people who generally like to break things and see what new things we can build with the pieces.