With the election (finally) coming to it's end, it feels as though we are all owed some much needed holiday cheer, and beer.
Good news, holiday cheer, beer, and good spirits are around the corner. We invite you to join us for a very special evening at Lake Monster Brewery, a beyond cool taproom supporting the work of the YMCA.
We have two giving levels
$20 - Good Samaritan
Entry to the event + beer of choice or N/A beverage
$40 - Symbol for Greatness
Entry to the event + beer of choice or N/A beverage + Lake Monster glass + Four $5 raffle tickets
First 300 guests will receive a free beer of their choice
Amazing raffle and silent auction items
More info/incentives to follow
What is Intervention Services?
A department comprised of holistic youth programs that focus on young people experiencing life challenges due to circumstances of foster care, involvement with the juvenile justice system, or homelessness.
Why Support The Y?
- Approximately 2,000 children “age out” of the foster care system every year, of which 38% do not have a plan to get health insurance, a job, housing or a driver’s license. The Y matches caring and supportive adults with youth who are transitioning to living independently.
- 4,847 young people experienced homelessness and were connected to housing, food, and YMCA caring adults
- 376,000 healthy meals and snacks were served in 2015
- 95% of our young people in our Y programs said they had an adult to talk to when needed at the Y
- We utilize a strengths-based approach, building on the innate assets of each young person and partnering with them for success.
- We use a non-judgmental approach and meet youth where they are at. We interact with youth without labeling or judging them on the basis of backgrounds, experience, choices, or behaviors.
- We recognize that many youth facing barriers have experienced trauma and our relationships, responses, and services are based on a trauma-informed approach.
- We empower youth to make choices that will positively affect their future and provide youth opportunities to recognize and seek their potential.
- We consider and recognize the impact that families have in young peoples’ lives.
- We immerse ourselves in our communities to stay informed of relevant issues and leverage partnerships to deliver sustainable value to the communities we serve.
- We instill the four YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all components of our work.