There is strong public interest in ways to resist NSA spying, and this is the first event in the country to focus on how to do that without the help of Congress, the President, or the Supreme Court.
At LA vs NSA, you'll be educated on ways that we can work together to push back against the NSA and its spying programs right here in California. You'll get tools you can use - including model state and local legislation - to get active right now.
Speakers and supporting organizations include:
- INTRODUCTION: The NSA has an Achilles heel. Learn the many ways that the NSA relies on state and local support in California and elsewhere
- THE RESPONSE: There's something that can and should be done about it. Get the tools you need to take action in your community - and in Sacramento - today.
- STRATEGY: We'll draw upon the success of the AB351 campaign against NDAA "indefinite detention" to teach you how local action and coalition-building can get some important victories. You'll also learn ways to resist the NSA's recruitment efforts against our children.
- NSA SPYING AND THE LAPD: Learn how the NSA's culture of suspicion has infiltrated LAPD and what is being done to resist and stop mass spying by local law enforcement - and their federal enablers at fusion centers.
- EDUCATING LAW ENFORCEMENT: Local police take an oath to the Constitution and they need the education and support to encourage them to resist those actions with aid and assist the violations of your rights.
Coming off a successful campaign to resist NDAA "indefinite detention" with the passage of AB351 into law, some of the leaders in that coalition created this event to ramp up the pressure against Bill of Rights-violating federal acts.
Please reserve your tickets today - and share with your friends!
When should I arrive?
Doors open at 6:30pm, and our speakers will start shortly after 7:00PM. Please arrive as early as possible, so we can get everyone seated and the speakers started on time!
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This event is all ages.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is VERY secure and free!
What can/can't I bring to the event?
This is a beautiful location and we're grateful to the event center for allowing us to host our event here. Please just bring yourself - in a way that's respectful of the property owners.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, but things will go MUCH faster at check-in if you do.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?