LA Screening and Linotype Demonstrations
The Los Angeles screening of Linotype: The Film is in conjunction with The International Printing Museum and is much more than just a screening of the film. In addition to a Q&A session with the director, Doug Wilson after the film, the entire museum will be open for demonstrations and to see the Linotype in action.
Additional activities include:
- Live typecasting on several Linotype machines - get your name cast in hot metal type!
- Meet & Greet with many living Linotype operators.
- Ephemera and printed samples from the Museum’s library including many rare type specimen books and equipment manuals from Linotype will be on exhibit.
- Door prizes and raffle of Linotype memorabilia.
- There will be a unique keepsake printed for each guest on an antique hand press.
The International Printing Museum
315 W. Torrance Blvd.
Carson, CA 90745
*There are three screening/demo starting times - 4:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm. Please make sure to choose the correct ticket and time when you purchase your ticket. Please come early to browse the museum and enjoy their collection of printing equipment.