San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
100 Reasons to Love Kalamazoo Community Collaboration Art
UPDATE 4/15/2014: Canvases are still available for $10 if you would like to participate. Register now and we will follow up with you via email on canvas pick up and drop off.
1. You will be assigned a canvas with a pre-designated color palette based on the preference you've selected during registration. You will receive confirmation prior to the event of what pre-designated color was assigned to you.
2. Think of a specific reason why you love Kalamazoo and how you would like to translate it into art on a canvas. Paints are provided but if you would like to use other art supplies, you are responsible for bring your own. If you're not sure what to paint, My Art on Canvas would be happy to provide you some ideas when you get to the event.
3. The art work you paint needs to be pre-dominantly in the color palette that you signed up for or was assigned to you at registration (see sketch below for rough idea).
4. On the day of the event, we will start together and end together painting our individual reasons of why we love Kalamazoo. Below is a quick rough sketch to provide you an idea of what the overall project will look like when all 100 canvases are completed.
5. The goal is have your art work on display during the Marathon Expo in May at Wings Stadium's lobby. We are in the midst of planning a traveling exhibit for this collection of 100 canvases, where it may be part of an Art Hop, Art Fair and more. If you have any other questions about the project, please email us :)
This year's theme is "Crafting Kalamazoo" where we highlight events and activities that bring the Kalamazoo community together to do great things and to highlight some great things shaping as well as moulding Kalamazoo hence "Crafting Kalamazoo". Celebrate social media and Kalamazoo April 14-17.
Follow the conversation at #tweetupkzoo or @tweetupkzoo!
When & Where
TweetUp Kalamazoo (#tweetupkzoo) connects Twitter users face-to-face in Kalamazoo/Portage to have important conversations about social media and our community.