Actions and Detail Panel
KYHIA Annual Conference
Tue, March 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
Mark your calendars for the KYHIA Annual Conference! This is your opportunity to network with industry peers, discuss hot topics and enjoy presentations from University researchers and leading industry experts. All the information you need on hemp research, education, legality, legislation, and commercialization will be discussed. Grab your spot today, tickets are limited!
Speaker and Presentation Information:
Presentations from the following industry researchers:
- Paul Woosely and Todd Willian, Western Kentucky University
- Leah Black, UK Plant and Soil Sciences
- David Hildebrand, UK Plant and Soil Sciences
- Luke Moe, UK Plant and Soil Sciences
- Lalitendu Das, UK Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
- Craig Schuttenhofer, UK Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center
- Patrick Perry, UK Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center / Plant and Soil Sciences
Legislative and Legal Lunch:
The Red Mile's wonderful catering staff will prepare a hemp infused lunch with hemp provided by Victory Hemp Foods. The panel will include Jonathan Miller of the Kentucky Hemp Industry Council, Matthew Smith who works with the Hoban Law Group and Campbell & Smith Law, and Colleen Keahey, Exec. Director of Hemp Industries Association (HIA) to discuss all the pressing legislative and legal hemp issues.
- Starter: Hemp Heart Sunomono (Japanese Cucumber Salad w/ Hemp Heart Soy Dressing)
- Appetizer: Bacon, Avocado, Tomato Croustades w/ Hemp Seed Pesto
- Entree: Hemp Heart Crusted Seared Salmon w/ Wilted Kale Greens & Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Dessert: Black Bottom Banana Tart (Banana Chocolate Ganache on Hemp Protein Cocoa Tart Shell)
Kentucky Department of Agriculture Presentation:
We will have presentations from Doris Hamilton, Program Manager of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Industrial Hemp Pilot Program and Joe Bilby, Kentucky Department of Agriculture's General Counsel, on the legal portion of the state's program.
Additional presentations from Josh Hendrix of CV Sciences, Trey Riddle of Sunstrand LLC, Annie Rouse of Think Hempy Thoughts and The Kentucky Hemp Research Foundation, Chad Rosen of Victory Hemp Foods and the founders of Atalo Holdings on their work in Kentucky. There will also be a short talk from members of the Kentucky Hemp Highway discussing a new documentary film they are making.
All KYHIA members are encouraged to attend our Annual Meeting from 4-5pm immediately following the Annual Conference. This will allow members to participate in: new board member nominations, committee sign ups, and a review of the year.
Hemp Happy Hour at Rock House Brewing:
We invite everyone to join us for a Hemp Happy Hour at Rock House Brewing from 5:30-7:30pm, immediately following the KYHIA Annual Conference and Annual Meeting. They will release their new hemp ale for everyone to try! We hope to see you there!
Sponsorships are still available, there are Gold, Silver and Bronze level sponsorships. If you'd like to sponsor the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors!