Actions and Detail Panel
Kubernetes Training Day - Learn from the Experts
Wed, October 26, 2016, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM CEST
The Giant Swarm Kubernetes Training Day (790 EUR plus VAT) will lead you through the foundational concepts of container orchestration with Kubernetes in a day and will allow for hands-on experience in starting and operating containerized applications.
In the workshop, we will be using minikube as a local Kubernetes environment. It will allow each participant to learn to work with the different components of Kubernetes on their own laptop. This includes among others:
- Pods: group of containers and volumes that share namespaces
- Labels: user defiened attributes to group and select resources
- Deployments: declarative description of the desired state for pods
- Services: expose a group of pods for internal and/or external communication
- Ingress: rules for how to handle requests from outside the cluster and route them to services
- Namespaces: soft isolation for a group of resources to avoid collisions inside a cluster
- ConfigMaps: user defined configuration that is handed through to containers
- Daemon Sets: makes sure that certain pods always run on certain nodes
- Jobs: starts jobs for run-once tasks
- Secrets: memory for sensitive data like passwords, tokens, and keys
We will also show solutions for logging and monitoring of your cluster with the help of prometheus, grafana, elasticsearch, and kibana, which we will setup on your local cluster with you.
3 Reasons to attend:
- Talk with likeminded people: Meet like-minded attendees from startups to fortune 500 enterprises, all eager to use modern infrastructure to deploy microservices with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Learn, learn, learn from best-practices and hands-on tips from our experts and gain experience with your private Kubernetes setup.
- EUR 200,- free Giant Swarm credits: As attendee you get preferred early access to the Giant Swarm cloud including EUR 200,- in free credts.
At the end, each participant will be able to launch Kubernetes on their own laptop to run their own container applications and test them locally. Tools for monitoring and logging are running automatically and allow for deep insights into running applications.
The workshop as well as presentations and material are in english.
- 09:00 Start with Coffee
- 09:30 Introduction
- 10:00 Overview of concepts, history, market participants, development, community, and architecture
- 11:00 Basics I - Pods, Labels, Deployments, Services, Ingress
- 12:00 Basics II - Namespaces, ConfigMaps, Secrets, Daemon Sets, Jobs
During Lunch in the Rotonda Club Restaurant, there is an opportunity for lightning talks and talking about challenges the participants face.
- 14:00 Advanced Examples I - Monitoring Demo. Closer look at the different subjects and how they play together
- 15:00 Advanced Examples II - Rolling updates, Resiliency, Deployment into different environments
- 16:00 A View of the Future - What is still in alpha, Pet Sets, problems with persistence, federation and a look at Vault
Rotonda Business Club
The Rotonda Business-Club is a place to connect entrepreneurial people. Here key decision makers and thinkers from companies are coming together and use the relaxed atmosphere to exchange thoughts and ideas or find cooperation possibilities.
Here you can find your way to Rotonda.
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery. Kubernetes builds upon 15 years of experience of running production workloads at Google, combined with best-of-breed ideas and practices from the community.
About Giant Swarm
Giant Swarm is a managed service provider for microservices infrastructure. Everyone from startups to enterprises can use Giant Swarm’s container platform to run agile, resilient, and secure distributed systems at scale. To get started you can simply deploy your Docker containers on your private and fully-managed Kubernetes Cluster in seconds.