Know Your Strobes: A Portrait Perspective is a two day comprehensive workshop by Louisiana based portrait photographer, Lee Lopez. This two day workshop will take place in the amazing city of New Orleans and cover the principles of portrait photography, the importance of connecting with your subject, and how to properly light your subject with a variety of sources. I will also go over my entire workflow from conception of the shoot to delivery of the final product.
Day one will consist of:
- pre-shoot workflow to eliminate hours of wasteful time that you could be shooting
- principals of portrait photography to get your invisioned shot on the first take, every time
- connecting with your subject to create emotion filled images they cannot live without
- breaking down off camera flash and light in general to see it in an entirely new way
- sculpting our models with proper posing and light direction without any photoshop
- shooting various subjects in different settings, light, and direction
Day two will consist of:
- post-shoot workflow to eliminate excess time spent in lightroom/photoshop
- keeping consistant with the feel of the shoot and editing without overdoing it
- blogging with a purpose to attract the clients you want to be shooting
It is highly recomended that every photographer in this class have understanding of shooting in manual, that you bring all of your photography and strobe gear, & that you bring your laptop for editing.
Lee will include his own personal photoshop action to all attendees.
All attendees will be invited to a mixer on Saturday the 25th.
We will have a couple special guests stopping in to spread some knowledge!
Lunch will be provided on Sunday and Monday. Attendees will be responsible for all other food, drink, & lodging.