San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Ross Oscar Knight and the Building Community Through Photography team as we descend on Washington, D.C. to walk and photograph the National Mall! This social event is designed to connect photographers from across the country in the spirit of fellowship. We will share the positive impact photography makes on our lives. Meet at McPherson Square at 9:30 AM.
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Please download the map of the route here: MAP OF ROUTE
To advance the initiative of Building Community Through Photography, I have selected a community partner that we can support. Five Talents. Although there is no cost for the photo walk itself, if you feel it is in your means to support Five Talents, please bring a donation of whatever amount. Even $1 will help. I will be making a personal donation of $50 to support Five Talents since I believe so strongly in their cause. I encourage you to follow the link to read more about them and make a decision for yourself if you would like to donate. Again, this is not a requirement but a way to show how photographers coming together can make a positive impact on our own lives and in the lives of others. The press release for this partnership can be read here.
We will take a group photo at the start of the Photo Walk. This will happen at 9:30 AM sharp.
Please view the schedule for the Metro Service Status Advisory.
Photo Walk Tips:
- Print the MAP of the route and bring it with you or load it to your phone. We will not have any physical maps to hand out during the walk.
- Bring at least two lenses to get different views of the monuments. I will have a telephoto and a wide angle lens.
- Clear your cards for your camera and time synch your camera with your phone.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Don't compete for photos. This will be a fun and interactive event.
- Bring business cards or collect contact info of fellow photographers so that you can connect for future events or opportunities to network.
- Bring water and snacks. Hydration is a must.
Please call 911 in the event of a medical or security emergency. Notify the photographers around you of potential danger. Safety first.
Enjoy this historic moment! You will be part of the 1st Photo Walk I have ever organized. It will be EPIC!!