Who Should Attend
This class is for those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to the customers of their technology and, speaking more broadly, professional service businesses.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the Kanban method, principles, values and practices
- Apply systems thinking to design and introduce a unique Kanban system in your unique work environment
- Graduate from organizing your work with a team Kanban board to designing a Kanban system with the aims to improve customer-focused service delivery and to make a difference in your technology business
Day 1 - Overview
- Kanban in action
- Key elements of a Kanban system: commitment points, work item types, classes of service, explicit policies, decoupled cadences
- Kanban system mechanics: pull, replenishment, delivery
- Key Kanban system indicators: lead time, cumulative-flow diagram, flow efficiency etc.
Day 2 - STATIK: the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban
- Kanban case study
- Creating context for change
- Demand analysis
- Workflow visualization
- Discovering and designing classes of service
- Replenishment and delivery cadences
- Kanban system visualization
Both days consist largely of interactive group exercises and games.
This training class is certified by Lean Kanban University as KMP I level training. Participants receive standard LKU certificates of class completion.
LKU awards the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential to those successfully complete KMP I and KMP II.
Your KMP designation will never expire and no annual fees are required to maintain it.
- Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading Kanban experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, a large budget or getting others to change
- Private on-site and semi-private training classes are also available, upon request.
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes if registrations are insufficient
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%