Kiwanis Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM (PDT)
This isn't your kid's average scavenger hunt. You'll need your best detective skills and riddle-cracking abilities for this Hunt!
Join the Kiwanis Club of Miramar/Pembroke Pines for our first annual Kiwanis Scavenger Hunt! Form a team with some friends and work the hunt clues as they lead you around the cities of Miramar and Pembroke Pines to local sights and fun challenges. The more clues you solve, the more points you earn, leading to great prizes!
All proceeds benefit Christmas in July, a Kiwanis event to benefit the homeless children of Broward County with a day of fun, entertainment, and a distribution of clothes, underwear, shoes and school supplies.
A registration fee is payable at check-in the morning of the event via cash, check, or credit card. Fees are $7 per person, or $25 for a team of 4 members. Teams must be 2, 3, or 4 members. You can also prepay for you and your team at our website using PayPal. Register today - team spots are limited!
- Get ready! Have a fully charged cellphone and gassed up car before you start the race. And if you have a tablet, that could come in handy too!
- There's an app for that! Look into downloading helpful apps like Google maps or Yelp. Or even a regular paper map would help.
- Text us! In the interest of time, we'd love you to text us your photo submissions as you go. If not, a digital camera that you can show us when you finish works fine too.
- Don't go guns blazing! Take a few minutes before you leave the starting point to review the clues and come up with a strategy.
- Be creative! There will be bonus points given out for creative team names and creative team uniforms (even one matching piece of apparel or accessory counts!).
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
We'd feel more comfortable if every team had at least one adult over 18 years old. But anyone is welcome to form a team with a licensed driver.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You must have your own mode of transportation to get to the clue locations. Find a buddy with a car to join you! Every clue location has free parking. You can park at Publix at the starting point until the event begins and aagain when you return.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You are welcome to use your resources; Smartphones and tables will be helpful on your hunt. Small kids will probably get bored, and pets might get too hot in the car. But there are no major restrictions on items. You also can't bring more than one car - that's cheating!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
It's helpful, but no. We will have a record of all registrations, and the fees are payable at check-in.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No worries. We just want whoever is on your team to have fun!