Tour Our School on a KIPP Cruise!
KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) is a nonprofit college preparatory school network serving 20 states, educating nearly 80,000 students from grades Pre-K - 12 who live in traditionally underserved communities. KIPP's goal is to take more students to and through college, and a large component of KIPP's success is based on epanding its reach to educate the whole student from early childhood through high school.
Know the fact about KIPP OKC:
- Open to all students, with no academic requirements for entry.
- Supports an underserved student population: More than 90% of the school's students are eligible for federal free or reduced-price meal programs, and 85% are African American or Latino.
- Receives only 60% of the per-student public funding that other public schools receive, and it must raise private funds to cover the shortfall and support the school's etended school day and year.
- Founded in northeast OKC in 2002 by Tracy McDaniel.
- Has achieved rank of the state's top middle school, receiving 102% grade from the State Department of Education, its fifth A in a row.
- Recognized as the best middle in Oklahoma and the 43rd best middle school in the nation by BestSchools.org in 2014.
- Named a National Blue Ribbon School in 2012 in the Exemplary High Performing category.
- Recently received an award form the Office of the State Superintendent of the State of Oklahoma for Exceeded Annual Measurable Objectives Performance Two or More Years in Mathmatics.
Sign up for one of our upcoming tour dates and see for yourself the incredible things happening at our KIPP Reach College Preparatory.