Actions and Detail Panel
Kindergarten+ Admissions Panel, featuring Independent School Admissions Dir...
Tue, April 25, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
Join PEL for our annual Kindergarten+ Admissions Panel, featuring current Admissions Directors from Los Angeles-area Independent Schools*.
Mark your calendars for this essential panel discussion featuring current Admissions Directors. This is a unique opportunity to ask all of your questions about the Kindergarten/Elementary Application and Admissions process.
Moderator: Alex Lee, Village School, TK-6
Darlene Fountaine, Westside Neighborhood School, PS-8
Kim Feldman, Willows Community School, DK-6
Lisa Beiras, Hollywood Schoolhouse, PS-6
Nancy Goldberg, Oakwood School, K-12
Christian Davis, Turning Point School, PS-8
Nadine Zysman, Brawerman Elementary School, K-6
Moderated panel topics will include:
- What is Kindergarten Readiness and how do I know if my child is "ready"?
- What about summer birthdays and “redshirting”?
- What are the differences between DK, TK, and Pre-K?
- When do I begin applying for Kindergarten?
- How many schools should I apply to?
- What is involved in the application process?
- What do I look for during school visits?
- Does my child's "learning style" matter?
- What makes a good fit?
- How do Independent schools differ from Public and Charter schools?
- What is Financial Aid and is it available?
- What do I do if my child is wait listed?
*Please note that this panel will focus on admissions and applications to Independent schools only.
Special thanks to Beverly Hills Presbyterian Preschool and Kindergarten for hosting this important program!