KIDS' TURN SAN DIEGO- PADRES FUNDRAISER
Friday, September 20, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Diego, CA
• Join us for an evening of fun, food and fireworks while supporting services to children at Kids' Turn San Diego
• Mingle with our guests in the Kona Cove, one of Petco Park's newest hospitality areas overlooking 3rd Base & adjacent to the Western Metal Building
• Stay after the game for a special fireworks show!
• Watch the game and enjoy all-you-can-eat ballpark food (hotdogs, peanuts, popcorn, bottled water, soft drinks) starting at 5:30pm
• All guests will receive a swag bag with a one of a kind event T-shirt and lots of other fun items
• A portion of every ticket sold will benefit children and families attending Kids' Turn San Diego programs
When & Where
Kids' Turn San Diego
With a mission of “promoting, supporting and securing the well-being of children experiencing the challenges of family separation”, Kids’ Turn San Diego helps children and families experiencing separation, divorce and military transitions. We seek to reduce parental conflict and increase communication and coping strategies for the whole family. Kids’ Turn San Diego gives children a voice to communicate their thoughts and feelings about their family situation and gives parents the daily tools they need to be able to communicate and understand HOW to put their child first in their relationship going forward, whether they stay together, separate or divorce.
Programs include: Family Workshops for separated and divorced families, Classes for military families, Counseling for children, a Step-Parent Support Group, Teen Talk Groups and Educational Seminars.
"Kids’ Turn San Diego helped me know that I am not alone. One take home that I have is that no matter how "bad" the other parent is acting, never ever say bad things about that parent to your children or in ears shot. If you do say bad things about the other parent, it's as if you’re saying it directly to your child. They take it very personal".
A mom of five children recently told us “we really need this program but I can barely feed my children, there’s no way I can pay the $300, not even $100!” Thanks to your donations, this family participated in our Family Workshop. In the eyes of a child, your generosity keeps food on their table and brings peace to their family!