Kick4Life Fall Gala- Tyson Beckford,Giuseppe Rossi,The Chevin,Ramses Barden
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Kick4Life Fall Gala
Tuesday 23rd October, 2012
Taj Lounge, Chelsea, NYC
Tickets $75 until October 10th (Full price $100)
Dress Code: Cocktail
Special Guests include: Tyson Beckford (Supermodel and actor), Giuseppe Rossi (International Soccer player (Villarreal, Manchester United, Italy) New York Giant Ramses Barden, David Sims, Mike Harris and more TBC...
Special acoustic performance from British Band The Chevin- fresh from their recent performances on David Letterman and Conan O'Brien!
Kick4Life is an award-winning non-profit that uses the power of sport to tackle HIV and AIDS in Africa. Join us for an evening of drinks, live music and dancing featuring celebrity guests from the world of sports, fashion, music and television - all for a great cause. The main event will run from 7.30pm till 10pm and will include open bar, hors d'ouevres, chocolate fondue, silent auction and more! After party brought to you by DJ Honza Noel with eclectic sounds fresh from London.
100% goes to the charity Kick4Life.
Special corporate rates are also offered! For more information please contact email@example.com.
When & Where
Prince Harry and David Beckham engaging with Kick4Life's work in Lesotho
Kick4Life is an award-winning non-profit that uses the power of sport as a vehicle to deliver intensive and holistic support to transform the lives of vulnerable youth in Lesotho, including health education, housing, nutrition, literacy and support onto education and employment.
We were founded in 2005 and have since focused our efforts in Lesotho in southern Africa, a country with the third highest HIV prevalence (23.2%) in the world and more than 100,000 children have been orphaned by the disease.
· 40,000 youth have been reached through the interactive K4L HIV Prevention Curriculum.
· 8,000 youth have been tested for HIV with more than 350 referred to ongoing medical treatment and support.
· More than 150,000 youth have been reached through our HIV drama campaign
· More than 350 volunteer role models have been trained to deliver the K4L Curriculum
· Over 50 youth have completed our Fit4Work employment training program and been linked with work placements
· 200 youth are part of our on-going holistic orphan care and support initiative where youth are linked with links to re-housing, education, psycho-social support, health care and employment training.
· 20 of the most vulnerable women in our program, including those who have been victims of sexual abuse, are part of our Women4Women program of intensive care and support.
Videos of our work:
K4L Summary- http://kick4life.org/watch.php?vid=119178
Fabio Capello visits Kick4Life- http://kick4life.org/watch.php?vid=13410
Prince Harry visits Kick4Life- http://kick4life.org/watch.php?vid=13409