‘Keynote by James Buckley Thorp, founder of growing fashion brand Rupert & Buckley, who will be talking about his experience of building the business, and then opening it up to questions from the audience.’
The company was founded in 2011 while James was at the University of Kent where he was reading Law. James has since moved to Bath.
Having previously sold items in other outlets, the company opened its first own shop in the form of a temporary pop-up shop in Bath. In July 2016, the company accessed a £2,500,000 trade investment to allow the it to expand nationally.
James now mentors, teaches and gives talks in the area of retail marketing strategies and the procurement and implementation of national and global products and services. Or as he simply puts it: 'Buy-ology'.
James will address:
- What is Rupert and Buckley in terms of a start-up?
- Where was the vision and has this changed? If so is this ok?
- Why I support investment over commercial bank loans.
- The growth of the brand and the future of the business...
- The importance of retail strategy and is the market place overcrowded?
- Finally going into Q&A's.....
The Bath Business Show 14th October 2016 10am- 3pm is a large regional Business Expo full of vital business content and many networking opportunities. Business people from the wider region, including Somerset, Wiltshire, Bristol and Gloucestershire are invited to attend for free. The main Show will open at 10am and close at 3pm, but some pre-show seminars and content will start from 9am and finish at 4pm.