This 3-hour continuing education course provides a review and practice of the primary concepts covered in our Introduction to Community Interpreting course regarding culture and communication.
• To define and offer an understanding of “key notes in cross-culture communication for professional interpreters”
• To provide recognition of the difference in views among various cultures and the effect of cultural barriers and their effects through discussion and application
• To define and understand dynamic cultures through discussion and activities
• To help interpreters recognize their own culture and dynamic culture and how these may affect an interpreted interview
• To learn guidelines for working with those from different cultures