Key Issues and Considerations in International Research
Friday, September 6, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
This webinar on internaitonal clinical research will discuss the practical, ethical and regulatory considerations that a researcher needs to be aware of before embarking on a clinical study abroad.
Why Should You Attend:
International research can be very beneficial but it can also be costly and time consuming especially when the researcher is unaware of what should be considered before embarking on such a project.
This session will discuss key issues and practical considerations for each step of the international research process. We will discuss ethics in international research and how it relates both to you and your informants. You will understand the role of IRB in international clinical research, approval and exemptions. The presenter will provide tips on costs and feasibility studies.
The areas covered during this course will be invaluable to individuals considering conducting research in international settings, mentoring those who will conduct research abroad and those responsible for reviewing or developing the proposals.
Areas Covered in the webinar:
- International Ethics Committee
- Ethical Considerations such as group harms and vulnerability
- Additional Regulatory Criteria
- Cultural Reviews
- Practical considerations such as costs and feasibility
- Growth in international research
Who will benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to:
- Human Subjects Research
- Clinical Research Coordinator positions
- Investigator positions
- Administration in charge of Clinical Research
- Regulatory Compliance
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.