Kauai Forestry Workshop for Landowners
8:30 Caravan to site** (See below)
9:00 Introductions and opening session from DOFAW
9:30 Talk from Hawaii Green Energy
10:00 Tour of agroforestry programs at Saiva Siddhanta Church
12:00 Lunch (included)
1:00 Presentations from experts (10 minutes each)
- Mid growth forestry management – (eg. thinning) –Steve Smith (Consultant)
- Processing wood into product - Jeremy Campbell
- Food Forest development - Keone Kealoha (Malama Kauai)
- Forest Stewardship and CREP – Malia Nanbara (DOFAW)
- Conservation Planning and Farm Bill Programs - Jenni Scotti (Kauai SWCD)
2:00 Talk story with the experts and get guidance on programs. Learn about and start the application process for landowner assistance programs on-site!
3:00 Wrap up and Pau
Lunch included with the registration fee of $15.
Questions? Contact: Michelle.Gorham@gmail.com
***Transport: We will meet you at the intersection of Ma’alo Raod and Kuhio Highway to caravan to our site. There is a “Koa” store near the intersection. We will be meeting at 8:30 and will promptly leave at 8:40 to caravan to our site, so please do not bee late.