"Hi-Touch Communications in a Hi-Tech Era – Crisis Communications & Media Response Training for Today's Leaders"
With Dick Brundage from The Center for Advanced Media Studies
Who is the trainer? Richard Brundage, a widely recognized international crisis communications expert, former television news anchor and author of the critically acclaimed book, “The Heart In Communicating.”
What will you learn? This seminar provides an ideal vehicle for gathering your community leaders to develop coordinated communications to assure a “uniformity of response” in any crisis event. The 8-hour training will prepare key communicators for any media appearance. In an era where messages move at the speed of light, and any response can be a global statement, Brundage teaches crisis communications as “the demonstration of leadership.” Recently selected by the State Department to train new U.S. Ambassadors, his message extends far beyond responding to the media – it is “new millennium thinking” about how we communicate with each other.
The seminar will focus on:
- What “image” is and how to instill confidence in your audience in a 12-second sound bite.
- How to formulate a message that cannot be taken out of context.
- What your body language says about you and your organization.
- How to “humanize” your organization in a critical situation.
- Intensive group preparation and actual on-camera performance techniques used by the pros.
- More than 50 techniques for improving your performance in any appearance.
You will learn from one of the most sought-after speakers today in media and public response communications. Because of the highly interactive nature of this seminar, we will limit this seminar to 50 participants.
What does the training cost? KAPIO, the statewide network of public information officers in Kansas, is offering this training for FREE to any current KAPIO member. The training is available to any public or quasi-public official or staffer for $165. This seminar will provide your organization with the skills and ability to respond in a crisis when messaging is particularly critical. We’re proud to provide these seminars at a low cost and encourage any organization to take advantage of the opportunity for world-class training in their corner of Kansas!
If you are travelling to the Derby seminar, we're recommending the Derby Hampton Inn: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/kansas/hampton-inn-derby-ICTDBHX/index.html
Why should you participate in KAPIO? Our goal through our organization and through this training is to continue to build our membership, and more importantly, build our network of PIOs who are trained and feel comfortable acting in a PIO function when an emergency or crisis occurs. We exist to:
- Create a statewide network of communication professionals;
- Conduct and sponsor activities to improve communication between public sector organizations and the people they serve;
- Promote professionalism in the public information and communication fields; and
- Serve as an information resource for government management and communication professionals.