Kanban Training Course Description
With roots in lean and just-in-time (JIT) production, the Kanban method has become a powerful way for teams and organizations to visualize their work, identify and eliminate bottlenecks, and achieve dramatic operational improvements in throughput and quality. In this hands-on 1-day workshop, you will practice the lean principles that underpin Kanban and learn to pragmatically apply this tool in your software and systems development work. This workshop will clarify misconceptions about Kanban and explain how it can effectively be used in tandem with other Agile frameworks like Scrum.
Why Agile Velocity Kanban Workshop?
- Learn by doing: You will explore key concepts with hands-on exercises
- High knowledge retention: Using accelerated learning techniques, the workshop is designed to maximize learning and retention
- Return on investment: Gain pro tips you can implement immediately upon return
- Fun: Every part of the course is designed to keep attendees engaged and having fun while learning the material
- Memory booster: A printed and bound copy of the course materials is yours
- Continued learning: 10% off future Agile Velocity classes plus access to alumni forum
- Delicious: Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks provided
Kanban Training Learning Objectives
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain to others the “what” and “why” of Kanban
- Describe the Kanban Method (Principles and Practices)
- Describe core concepts of Lean (Flow, Waste, Cost of Delay, Work In Progress)
- Identify Kanban key metrics (lead time, cycle time, throughput)
- Focus on optimizing for the whole and limiting work in progress
With more than 20 years of engineering, management, and marketing experience in software and systems development, Kert Peterson has provided business and technical consulting services to a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors, including IBM, Microsoft, Fidelity Investments, Paramount Entertainment, and NASA.
He has over 20 years of experience applying Agile & Lean in various roles including coach, trainer, manager, and program lead. Prior to joining Agile Velocity as Director of Training, Kert led Mission Health’s 50-person operations and support division in adopting Kanban and guided a 120-person division at Bank of America in adopting a lean-agile delivery system centered on a 2-tiered Kanban-based flow model.
Kert previously served as senior program manager at Amazon.com where he guided cross-functional development teams through three major product releases of website products used by more than 17 million customers.
Who Should Attend?
Both Kanban newbies and active practitioners seeking to “fine tune” their understanding of the method are welcome. This workshop is role agnostic and is geared towards anyone who is looking for a deeper understanding of Kanban and how to apply on their teams, wherever their organization is on their journey, from enterprise to startup.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Scrum Alliance Members (SEUs)
Claim 7 SEUs towards the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
Note: This workshop location in Austin, TX at the Agile Velocity office.
If you are having problems with the tickets below, please click here.
Save This Event
When & Where