Junior Toastmasters is affiliated with Toastmasters International, an organization with 313,000 members across 126 countries, who meet regularly to practice public speaking and leadership skills. Its unique, workshop-style design enables members to develop the confidence necessary to persuade, inform, and motivate others in a no-risk, supportive setting.
Participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others' ideas.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
- Participate in and lead group discussions and meetings.
Activities during the sessions include:
- Evaluation of others' speaking ability
- Presentation of speeches
- Impromptu talks
- Group evaluation
- Discussion of speech organization
- Discussion and practice in listening
- Discussion of gestures in speaking
- Discussion of voice and vocabulary
Junior Toastmasters is an enjoyable learning experience! Participants increase their self-confidence as they progress through the program while making new friends and having fun. We will meet 2:00-3:30 on the following dates: Sep 25, Oct 2, Oct 16, Oct 30, Nov 6, Nov 20, Dec 4, Dec 18, Jan 15, Jan 29, Feb 12, Feb 26, Mar 12, Mar 26, and Apr 9.
Feel free to ask me any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.