Show us what inspires you with you our first JUMP Photo Competition. This is the perfect reason to pull out that camera, get creative and share what inspires you! And don't forget to come cast your vote and check out awesome free photo workshops from Boise Camera Club on Saturday June 17th from 10-2PM in the Inspire Studio. Photo comp details below.
• People – who inspires you?
• Places – what places in Idaho inspire you?
• Things – what innovations inspire you?
• Actions – what things in action inspire you?
• Youth Photographer – 17 and younger
• Beginner Photography – just getting started
• Intermediate Photography – Pretty comfortable with a camera
• Advanced Photographer – The go to person for anything related to photography.
• Each category will be offered by level and category. There will be a People, Places, Things, and Actions award for each of the Youth, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
• Print sizes will be limited to 8 x 10 inches up to 12 x 18 inches
• Entries are limited to 4 per person and only 1 per category
• No mats or frames will be allowed
• All photos must be mounted on a hard flat backing such as matte board or foam core. The photo must be firmly adhered to foam core or matt board so that the photograph is rigid & secure. No mounting material can be showing behind the photograph. Mount cannot exceed 1⁄4 inch thick and mounted photos on cardboard, poster board, wood, glass, plastic or Formica will not be accepted.
To submit prints, drop off at JUMP between March 6 and May 31 during our regular lobby hours. Please label the back of each print with the following information:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
• Boise Camera Club will judge each category and select the top 3 finalists photos in each category. BCC judges are not eligible to enter the contest.
• The community will be invited to select the winner in each category. Community judging will take place June 12 - 17
• Winner by category
• Overall Peoples Choice Award
• Boise Camera Club Best of Show Awards
• Winners will be displayed for a month at JUMP and they may offer copies of their print for sale.
The Boise Camera Club, Inc. (BCC) was founded in November of 1934, as a non-profit, social organization made up of individuals with a common interest in photography. We would love to share our knowledge and experience while looking at some great photos!
*The opinions expreed in the Connecting Community Programs are the instructors own and do not necessarily reflect the views of JUMP.
What is JUMP?
JUMP – or Jack’s Urban Meeting Place – is a not-for-profit, interactive creative center and community gathering place in the heart of downtown Boise. Please go to jumpboise.org to learn more and join our newsletter so you are in the know on fun, spontaneous happenings at JUMP.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You may bus, bike, drive, walk, skip, etcetera. Check Boise's bus schedule at valleyride.org. We love bikers and have beautiful bike racks to secure your ride throughout the facility. Apologies, but the JUMP parking garage is still under construction at the moment. However, the on-site Simplot Headquarter's paid parking below ground is available and accessible on Myrtle St. between 11th St. and 9th St. ADA parking available onsite, please email requests to email@example.com.
Do you have accommodations for people with disabilities?
Absolutely. We support the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and encourage participation by everyone. If you require special accommodations to participate in our programs or use our facilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the refund policy?
We depend on your enrollment for a successful class so please plan your schedule carefully. Classes which do not meet minimum enrollment are subject to cancellation. Refunds are issued in full if the class or program is cancelled, if you cancel at least seven days before the starting date of the class, or for documented medical reasons. Please email email@example.com to request a refund.
What about cancelled classes?
Please check our website http://jumpboise.org/ and the hours of operation for any cancellations, you may also call the front desk at 208-639-6610. We will email registered participants and also post on our facebook page.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns/compliments/puns.
Notice of Photographic and Media Recording
When entering the JUMP premises, you are entering an area where photography, audio, and video recording will occur. By entering these premises, you consent to all recording media and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for any JUMP purpose. You further waive your rights to all claims in connection with any JUMP publication, regardless of its purpose. If you have any questions please call (208) 639-6610.