Actions and Detail Panel
July 2017 Battery Seminar
Tue, Jul 18, 2017, 8:00 AM – Thu, Jul 20, 2017, 6:00 PM EDT
July 18-20, 2017, PlugVolt will be hosting its next Battery Seminar in Ann Arbor, Michigan together with AVL. This event will feature an entire day of in-depth presentations by a leading independent electrochemist with no company or technology bias. Complementary industry updates during the next two days will be provided by subject matter experts from automotive and grid storage OEMs, major battery manufacturers and global Tier 1 system developers. Attendees will also have an exclusive opportunity to tour AVL’s New Energy Lab in its Ann Arbor Tech Center, along with cocktails reception for industry networking.
Key Event Highlights:
- Several unbiased and in-depth presentations by Dr. Paul Gifford – a leading independent electrochemist – on topics including:
- Fundamentals of electro-chemistry – thermodynamics, electrokinetics, types of reactions, cell design principles, etc.
- Latest advances in raw materials – anodes, cathodes, electrolytes, separators, etc.
- Battery safety – charge and discharge control, tools for evaluation, etc.
- Recycling and Re-Use – recycling, second life for used batteries, etc.
- Technologies beyond Li Ion – LiS, Li-Air, etc.
- Emerging technologies for large-scale applications – flow batteries, high temperature batteries, etc.
- Latest industry updates on use of energy storage systems in automotive applications by subject matter experts from major OEMs, Tier 1 system developers and battery makers
- Latest industry updates on use of energy storage systems in large-scale stationary grid/utility storage applications by subject matter experts from major Utility companies, Tier 1 system developers and providers
- Poster presentations
- Complimentary meals and refreshments
- Plenty of industry networking opportunities
- Chance to win some cool prizes in a raffle Giveaway
- An evening cocktails reception and an exclusive guided tour of AVL facility
Event attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to tour AVL’s New Energy Lab in its Ann Arbor Tech Center. During the tour, attendees will get to see AVL’s battery and eMotor testing facilities – as well as a powertrain test cell – that set the industry standard. Enjoy drinks and appetizers while networking with industry experts and learning more about the future of testing technology.
For more information visit www.batteryseminars.com