SA's 2nd Annual Spring MATSURI or festival in Japanese, will be Friday, April 6, 2012 in Ida Noyes Hall. With the great success of last year's event, JSA aims again to recreate the festive feeling of Japanese Matsuri with festival games and booths as well as traditional and pop performances from Japanese culture. Tickets are $10, including the dinner, festival and show. Check out the full line up of festivities and performances below!
THE FESTIVITIES | 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- Dinner: Sushi and Japanese traditional foods | 5:30 pm. Catered by Shinju Sushi.
- Kimono Photo Booth: Dress up in traditional Japanese clothing and pose for a purchaseable photo keepsake | More info coming soon.
- Origami Workshop & Janken Game Booth
THE SHOW | 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- The Chicago Koto Group on traditional Japanese string instruments
- The Ho Etsu Taiko Japanese drumming ensemble
- Kendo and Judo Martial Arts demonstrations
- JSA Yosakoi and Shin Dancing Troupes
We hope you'll come celebrate spring with us!
- Download the Spring Matsuri 2012 Poster