BE SURE TO READ THIS PAGE, ESPECIALLY THE "PRE-REQUISITES" SECTION
Classes are limmited to 10 students to ensure each student can ask questions and so we can offer a quality teaching experience.
React is quickly becoming one of the most popular tools on the web for front-end development. While React isn't exactly a Framework by itself, it solves the same architectual problems when paired with other React-based modules. React is probably becoming so popular because 1. It solves problems in the front-end easily that have been very painful in JS for years, and 2. It's REALLY REALLY FUN!
In this class, we'll cover React basics such as:
- Props and State
- Prop Type Validation
- Lifecycle Methods
- Stateless Functional Components
- A short overview of React Router
Pre-Requisites (You must know these)
We will do more classes in the future at various skill levels. However, it's important to come to each class with an appropriate amount of knowledge. This talk is intermediate level JS and it's expected that attendees have a minimum of this knowledge before they attend:
- An understanding of callbacks.
- A strong understanding of functions, arguments, parameters
- A strong understanding of Objects (Mostly object literals)
- An ability to use command-line with Git (And understand GitHub)
- An ability to use command-line with NPM
You must also bring your own wifi-ready computer and have your code-editor installed, and know how to use it :) You are responsible for your own computer setup and having NPM and Git installed already.
* * * Be sure to be at least 20 minutes early to register. The class will start at exaclty 10am * * *