Joy Ride Urban Wilderness & 2016 Season Finale Party @ Alliance Brewing Co!
Bell Joy Ride
Saturday December 10
12pm-4pm Urban Wilderness Trails
Topic: Bike Elf Xmas Donations for Kids: Bell Bike Helmets, Gently Used Bikes, and General Gear
Representatives will be accepting donations! Learn more about the Bike Elf Program: Bike Elf
FREE - RSVP by December 7 to help our ride leaders plan rides for all levels!
The Bell Joy Ride! All Women. All Levels. All Welcome.
The Bell Joy Rides are mountain bike rides for women looking for both camaraderie and a little challenge in a fun and supportive environment.
Our rides are pressure-free and worry-free. We make sure every rider is comfortable with the pace of the group and that no section of trail is beyond their ability level.
Our monthly Joy Rides are designed to suit all skill levels. The focus of our Joy Rides is simple: discover new places and make new connections while having fun on two wheels!
Full Event Schedule
Saturday December 10
Outdoor Knoxville's Maps of Urban Wilderness Trails: Urban Wilderness Map
- Registration/Waiver signing! Please bring your helmet, shoes, and your SMILE! Dress appropriately for the weather as it may be cold/chilly/damp.
- Announcements: 2 Bike Elf Representatives will be joining our ride, Donna Yates & Gary Taylor, and accepting donations!!
- Prize draw
- Head to the trails!
- Thank your ride leader, sweep and fellow riders for such a fun morning!
- YeeHAW!!! YeeHaw Brewing Co.
- Head to Alliance Brewing Company for Bell Joy Ride 2016 Season After Party and 2017 Season Kickoff!!
- 1130 Sevier Ave., Knoxville, 37920
- Alliance will be donating $1 off of every beer purchase to Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
- Food truck will be there with food to purchase
- Boys are welcome to join us at Alliance
- Bring Bike Elf Donations: Bikes that are not trashed, general bike stuff like tires, tubes, pedals, etc. for kids!
Ride leaders needed!
We are looking for ride leaders and sweeps to lead our ride groups in a fun and safe manner. If you are a confident rider with a true interest in sharing your love of the sport and know the Loyston Point trail system, please select "volunteer" in the ticket option below.
New Rider: I'm new to mtb and I want to give it a shot! If you've never been on a mountain bike before or have very limited riding experience, this group is for you. - This group will work on body position, braking and shifting before riding beginner friendly West Perimeter trail (~5+ miles).
Beginner: I'm fairly new to mtb (still a beginner), I kinda like it and want to ride more! - This group will spend a lot of time on beginner friendly trails such as West Perimeter and Dozer (5-10 miles).
Intermediate: I'm comfortable on smooth green & blue trails. I want to improve my technical abilities on more challenging terrain. - This group will ride a full South Loop (~12-13 miles).
Intermediate Pro: I can ride my bike with no handlebars - This group will ride a full South Loop with another 10+ miles of secondary trails to accomodate more advanced riders (15-22 miles).
Super Advanced: I'm comfortable on most terrain (technical sections, some drops and jumps) but I want to challenge myself and ride more committing features. - This group will ride a full South Loop with another 15+ miles of secondary advanced trails to accomodate super advanced technical riders (18-25 miles).
Volunteer: I'm a confident rider. I know the trails well and I am comfortable managing a group. I'd love to help out as a ride leader or sweep!
Bell Joy Ride Season End After Party (Boys ARE welcome!!)
FEATURING: Alliance Brewing Company
Will be donating $1 off every beer purchase to Appalachian Mountain Bike Club! Dig more trails!!