Door 7 / Show 8
“She is full of fervor, and he is the soothing counterforce. They are a pairing of
equals, a key finding its lock.”
“Impossibly telegenic and charming, husband and wife Abner Ramirez and
Amanda Sudano have the booming voices of great street buskers, but also the polished
sparkle of natural-born stage performers.”
Beloved singing-songwriting duo Johnnyswim confirm nationwide tour dates this fall in support of their forthcoming album, Georgica Pond. The tour kicks off on October 14 in Seattle and sees the band making stops in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Nashville, Chicago, Washington D.C., New York City and many more.
Georgica Pond is set for release September 30 on Big Picnic Records.
The new album was produced by Johnnyswim’s Abner Ramirez and recorded at the couple’s home studio in Los Angeles, with bass and drum parts added at the Castle in Nashville. Johnnyswim teamed up with a few different songwriters and collaborators including longtime collaborator Britten Newbill, violinist/composer Anton Patzner, Nashville-based songwriters Natalie Hemby and Chris DeStefano, as well as country music icon Vince Gill, to create a listening experience that spans a range of tones and emotions.
Of their process, Ramirez explains, “Any fear we had on album one has completely evaporated. We know the people that come to Johnnyswim shows. We know it matters to them what we have to say. We realize that, much like ourselves, our fans appreciate honesty. We wanted that to be the cornerstone of this album.” Amanda Sudano Ramirez further highlights the themes on the album: “love, legacy, the past and the future all put into this bittersweet mixture that makes you fully appreciate the present.”
Abner Ramirez and Amanda Sudano Ramirez make up Johnnyswim. The pair met in Nashville in 2005, instituting a songwriting partnership not long afterward. They clicked together musically and personally, beginning a romantic relationship along with their creative connection. The couple married in 2009 and relocated to Los Angeles. In addition to their 2014 debut full-length, they’ve released three EPs, as well as a Christmas EP and a live album.
They’ve performed on various television shows including VH1's “You Oughta Know Concert,” “The Tonight Show starring Jay Leno,” “Late Show with David Letterman,” “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” “Today Show,” “Live with Kelly & Michael,” and provided the theme song on HGTV’s “Fixer Upper.” The duo has also toured extensively including major U.S. festival appearances.
• Great American Music Hall is an ALL-AGES (6+) venue.
• No refunds or exchanges are permitted, except in the case of headliner cancellation or date change. Opening acts are subject to change.
• There is an 8 ticket limit per customer unless otherwise stated.
• NEVER buy third party tickets (Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for over face value. Scalped tickets may not be honored.
• Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Slim’s Presents.
• IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite. For general show info, click here.
Have questions about Johnnyswim @ GAMH w/ Penny and Sparrow - SOLD OUT!?
Contact Great American Music Hall