James Beard Award-winning chef John Currence is heading to Charleston on Tuesday, November 19 as part of his 2013 book tour for his recently launched cookbook Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey. For the event, he has invited some of his favorite local chefs to be featured and together they will offer a small taste of some of the items found in the book. Specialty spirits, wine and beer will also be part of the fun and the event will take place in the newly opened High Wire Distilling warehouse and nearby parking lot adjacent to Butcher & Bee. A limited amount of tickets will be available at $85 and the price includes a copy of the cookbook.
Featured Chefs (offering small bites inspired by book)
- Chef Jason Stanhope, FIG
- Chef Jeremiah Bacon, Indigo Road Group
- Chef Josh Keeler, Two Boroughs Larder
- Chef Sean Brock, McCrady’s and Husk
- Chef Stuart Tracy, Butcher & Bee
- Punch by John Currence
- Cocktails by High Wire Distilling, Bittermilk
- Special brew by Edmund’s Oast/Charleston Beer Exchange
- Wines by Grassroots Distributing and Raj Parr
- Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream
Currence has cooked his way through many of the South’s top kitchens before settling down in Oxford, MS. It is there where he has opened a series of amazingly popular places including City Grocery, Boure, Big Bad Breakfast, Snackbar and The Main Event.
Must be 21 Years and Older and event takes place rain or shine. There are no refunds for the event and tickets are non refundable.