JMU Rockfish Tournament
Friday, December 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM - Saturday, December 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM (EST)
Virginia Beach, VA
Friday, December 13th
7:30 p.m. – Cocktail Hour/ Optional Dinner / Begin Silent Auction & Raffle Sale / Late Registration
8:30 – 9:00 p.m. - Captain's Meeting at Chick's Distribute Captain's Bags, Rule Book, Q & A
9:00 p.m. – Social Begins
Saturday, December 14th
7:00 a.m. – Lines In
2:00 - 5:00 p.m.– Weigh Stations Open at Chick's / Cocktail Party / Silent Auction Opens
6:30 p.m. – Dinner / Banquet at Chick's
7:30 p.m. – Awards Ceremony / Plaques / Raffle
- In order to participate in the tournament, all registrations must be completed by Friday December 13th at 7:00 p.m.
- Each team is eligible to weigh-in their two (2) largest Striped Bass/Rockfish (Morone Saxatillis) that meet Virginia state regulations
- Teams are awarded 1 point per pound. No fractions; weight will be rounded down to nearest whole pound.
- The entry fee is $250 per boat. There is no limit to the number of anglers.
- The entry fee includes 1 Captain’s Bucket, four (4) commemorative tournament shirts, and four (4) Saturday awards dinner/banquet tickets at Chick’s Marlin Club, 2143 Vista Circle, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.
- Additional dinner/banquet tickets can be purchased for $20/person.
- Children under the age of twelve are welcome to join and are free for dinner.
- Additional commemorative tournament shirts can be purchased for $20/each (to ensure your size please pre-order on registration form).
- There will be no beverage tickets for sale, Chick’s Marlin Club is instead offering “Happy Hour” pricing & drink specials both evenings for our group (wristbands will be issued).
When & Where
JMU Hampton Roads Duke Club
What is the Duke Club?
The Duke Club is the fundraising arm for James Madison University Athletics.
Through its annual fund drive, the Duke Club raises unrestricted contributions in
support of student-athlete scholarships and the athletic budget. Additionally, the Duke Club aids athletic facility enhancements and other needs through capital campaigns.
The annual scholarship bill for student-athletes education is $6.2 million. In order to continue winning championships and increasing the brand of JMU, we need to ensure our athletic programs have the necessary resources to improve.
Attending Duke Club events is an easy way to re-connect with old friends and meet new ones through game days and events held around the East Coast.