Jeans & Jewels benefiting SafeHouse
Friday, April 12, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM (CDT)
SafeHouse will hold its inaugural Jeans & Jewels gala on Friday, April 12, 2013 at The Wynfrey Hotel to raise support for our highly successful programs that aid victims of domestic and sexual violence, and educate our community to prevent future abuse. The event will feature live music, dancing, a silent auction, dinner and a fashion show by Lucky Brand!!
This is a Southern Black Tie Affair so please feel free to wear your denim and cowboy boots OR your black tie evening wear OR a combination of the two... and, of course, don't forget your jewels!
For more information, please contact SafeHouse at 205-669-1877.
When & Where
SafeHouse of Shelby County
SafeHouse is a full-service domestic violence and sexual assault center that provides emergency shelter and comprehensive support services to victims. SafeHouse received its 501(c)(3) status in 1989.
The mission of SafeHouse is to empower survivors of domestic and sexual violence through support and advocacy and to educate the community to prevent future abuse.
SafeHouse accomplishes its mission by providing the following:
- Shelter, counseling, case management, community resource referrals, and other services to help clients and their children obtain safe self-sufficiency
- Individual and group counseling on the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault for children and adults as well as parenting support
- An advocacy program to accompany women to court appearances and educate victims in court about the cycle of violence
- Sexual assault and domestic violence advocates on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Sexual assault advocates accompany victims to the hospital, assist victims through law enforcement, court systems, and provide counseling
- Education and awareness programs for schools, hospitals, police departments, courts, social services, and other community members