Jeans Day 2011: Putting the ZIP on Homelessness
Fairfax Chamber, Fairfax County Office to Prevent & End Homelessness, The Connection Newspapers and Apple Federal Credit Union
Friday, October 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM (EDT)
The Fairfax Chamber has partnered with Fairfax County Office to Prevent & End Homelessness to put on Jean Day 2011: Putting the ZIP on Homelessness.
Allow your employees to wear jeans to work on Friday, October 21 in exchange for a $5 employee contribution to the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnership to Prevent & End Homelessness!
This is a great way to engage your employees in community give-back and enable your company to make a meaningful contribution to ending homelessness in our community. Companies are encouraged to match employee contributions, but a match is not required.
Fairfax County is so excited about this campaign that Chairman Sharon Bulova and the Board of Supervisors have decided to issue an official proclamation of October 21 as Jeans Day 2011 to End Homelessness!
At the Chamber, we’re amazed every day by the degree to which Northern Virginia businesses support our community. We hope you will consider this very easy opportunity for your employees and your business to participate in the robust work to end homelessness going on in our community. We look forward to counting your company as a participant in this tremendous community give back program! Find out more about homelessness in Fairfax County here.
Participation is EASY!
What You'll Do:
- The individual who will be the primary contact for your company should complete your company's registration here, entering all information.
- Your company should promote Jeans Day to employees.
- The primary contact should collect all employee donations & company match (if available) by Friday, October 21.
- On October 21, the primary contact should tally the number of particpating employees and total amount to be donated, take a photo of your employees in jeans, and email both the info and the photo to Chamber Communications Director Erin Munley at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm.
- Submit the full donation to the Office to Prevent & End Homelessness at Office to Prevent and End Homelessness, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 561, Fairfax, VA 22035.
What We'll Do:
- We'll add your company name to participating companies on this web page.
- We'll include your company name in all promotional emails and media outreach about Jeans Day 2011.
- We'll send you a template press release that you may distribute to media to publicize your company's participation in the event.
- We'll send you a Jeans Day 2011 logo that you can post to your website or social media sites.
- On Jeans Day, we'll create a photo gallery of all our participants' employees in jeans and share the link with you.
Questions? Contact Chamber Communications Director Erin Munley at email@example.com or 703-752-7526.