Actions and Detail Panel
JEA Advisers Institute 2017
Mon, Jul 10, 2017, 5:00 PM – Thu, Jul 13, 2017, 12:00 PM PDT
JEA’s Advisers Institute brings journalism teachers from across the country together for a week of adviser-specific training and networking.
Regardless of your experience level or the type of publications you advise, the Journalism Education Association Advisers Institute has programming specifically for you:
- differentiated instruction strategies
- technology in the classroom
- subject-specific professional learning community participation
- curriculum alignment to state and national standards
- essential learner outcomes in a 21st-century classroom
- media literacy, ethical journalism
- best practices in creating formative and summative assessment tools
- preparation and testing for Certified Journalism Educator and Master Journalism Educator status
- new this year is a day-long, hands-on storytelling experience
A full program, including dates and times of sessions will be available closer to the date of the workshop. To see last year's program (2016), visit this link.
Teachers looking to seek school support for their professional development can download this template letter to share with their administrators.