SaBaR and Tri-OKC are partnering to provide a series of fun workshops for youth 5-15 who want to see what the crazy sport triathlon is all about.
Clinics will be run by SaBaR coaches Priscilla Crawford and Dave Gray with assistance from expert members of Tri-OKC.
No experience is necessary, but participants need to have prior skill in each sport.
- Be able to swim least 100 yards with face in the water
- Need goggles and swimsuit
- Be comfortable riding a bike
- Be able to ride at least 1 miles unassisted
- Need helmet and bike (preferred a bike with multiple gears for 10yrs and up)
- Be able to run or run/walk at least 1/2 mile for 10yrs and under, at least 1 miles for 11yrs and up
- Need good quality running shoes
All workshops are free! But for liability reasons all participants must be Tri-OKC ($20/year for students - join here) and USA Triathlon members ($10/year for youth - join here). Pre-registration for the workshop is required for all participants.