San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please scroll down for more information...
5th Annual Air Potato Mega-Raid!
Saturday, January 25th, 2014 9:30 AM-11:30 AM*
(* A morning activity, but exact times may vary by specific site.)
Air Potato vines grow FAST and are blanketing shrubs and trees and covering our natural areas.
Please join us in tackling one of Central Florida’s biggest pest plants, help the environment, and have LOTS of fun!
We need volunteers to help us gather the "potatoes" that fall from the vines to keep them from sprouting this next year.
Find the most unusual shape! Look for the largest one!
Gather the most and become an environmental hero!
Bring friends, family, members of an organization you belong to. Help us by sending this link to others! Youth are welcome to participate and get volunteer credit.
We are holding activities at a variety of natural areas throughout Central Florida. Sign up for one location by getting a ticket below. FREE sign up. No need to print your ticket or bring it to the site.
Please bring gardening gloves, a mop bucket or 5 gallon bucket and drinking water (gardening tools are optional).
To save time at registration, print the volunteer form (linked below) for your location, sign it and bring that with you the day of the event.
- Oakland Nature Preserve- 747 Machete Trail, Oakland, FL 34787 Beth Jackson - 407-836-1481 email@example.com
- Sunshine Park - City of Winter Springs- 400 N Edgemon Ave, Winter Springs, 32708 - Zynka Perez - 407-327-5977 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Hammock Preserve - 2985 Osprey Trail, Longwood, 32750 Sherry Williams - 407-349-0551 - email@example.com
- Casselberry Greenway Trailhead at Marigold (formerly Wirz Trail)- City of Casselberry - 384 Winter Park Drive, Casselberry, FL 32707 Kelly Brock - 407-262-7725 ext. 1235 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminole Wekiva Trail at the Seminole County Softball Complex - 2200 North Street, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 - Sherry Williams 407-349-0551 email@example.com
- Merrill Park - Altamonte Springs - 985 Merill Park Dr. Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 - Cindy Falk - 407-293-8885 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Lotus Park - Altamonte Springs - 1153 Lake Lotus Park Rd. Altamonte Springs, Fl 32714 - Cindy Falk - 407-293-8885 email@example.com
- Peghorn Nature Park & Trail -
- ADULT LIABILITY FORM / MINOR LIABILITY FORM 2101 Peghorn Way, St Cloud 34769 - Jacqueline Donbovy - 321-624-0623 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shingle Creek Regional Park - LIABILITY FORM- Jennifer Loch - 407-742-8664 email@example.com
For more information on the event or locations, contact:
Sherry Williams 407-349-0551
When & Where
Central Florida CISMA and Osceola County CISMA
Central Florida CISMA and Osceola County CISMA are part of a national network of Cooperative Invasive Species Management Areas (CISMA's) that are working to identify and manage invasive species (plants and animals) across public and private lands. Public awareness and action are important for invasive species prevention and management.