REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE FROM 7:15 - 7:30 a.m.
A special thank you to our monthly meeting sponsor, U.S. Workstories!
Topic: "Legal Updates" by Sara Ackermann with Ruder Ware
Sara will cover important legal updates to be aware of in the new year.
Presenter: Sara Ackermann
Sara is a sought after presenter, and presents nationwide on topics affecting HR professionals. Actively involved in the local Society of Human Resource Management chapter, serving as a board member, she is connected to the HR community and is therefore skilled at providing solutions to real-life situations. She counsels clients in the private sector from a broad range of industries. Her experience includes:
- Counseling employers on every aspect of federal and state employment laws, including laws regarding drug and alcohol testing, background checks, employee privacy, wrongful discharge, antidiscrimination, anti-harassment, plant closing and mass lay-off, wage and hour, family medical leave, and reasonable accommodation.
- Representing employers in employment litigation matters and in the administrative setting including Wisconsin and Minnesota state and federal agencies.
- Guiding employers in conducting workplace investigations.
- Representing employers in Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits.
- Reviewing employer wage and hour practices including, exempt/non-exempt position classifications, meal/rest break practices, off the clock and record keeping issues.
- Drafting employee handbooks, separation agreements, disciplinary memoranda, affirmative action plans, employment contracts, non-compete agreements and independent contractor agreements.
- Conducting employment law training, including but not limited to, sexual harassment training for employees and "employment law basics" training for management.
Feel free to park at the mall (first two hours free), the parking ramp directly across from Jefferson (small fee if at metered lot), or stop in to the Jefferson Street Inn front desk and pick up a free parking pass. This parking pass will allow you to park in the parking ramp across from the Jefferson Street Inn in any space except those that are marked as “reserved.”
Save This Event
When & Where
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.