Jan. 29th Entrance Assessment Tests at CSM
Thursday, January 29, 2009 from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM (PST)
- 8:30AM registration* for everyone taking the Written Test.
*POST limits examinees to one (1) written test per calendar month. This means that the earliest you can retake the PELLETB is the following month.
- 12:00PM registration for those taking ONLY the Physical Agility Test (no Written Test). Click for driving directions.
You should arrive no later than your scheduled registration time to allow for check-ins. Any late arrivals will not be admitted into the exam. You must bring a government issued photo I.D. to be admitted into exam.
The Academy's written test consists of the POST Entry-level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB). The PELLETB is a multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank written examination designed to measure reading and writing ability. Click for more information.
The Academy's Physical Agility Test consists of:
- running 220 yards in (1) minute or less, and
- climbing a 6 foot wall in (1) minute or less
(Please wear appropriate clothing such as workout attire and tennis shoes)
There is NO charge for this testing. Note that Modular Format Level III Academies DO NOT require these tests.
- The Academy at Evergreen Valley College in San Jose, View schedule
- The Academy at College of San Mateo campus in San Mateo, View schedule
- The Academy at Monterey Peninsula College at the Monterey School of Law in Seaside. View Schedule
Walk-ins are welcome on a first come, first serve basis. Dates times and locations of the exam are subject to change without notice.
Z (OLD) POST TEST AT CSM
The Academy administers the POST Entry-level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB). The PELLETB is a timed, 2-1/2 hour written test consisting of multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions designed to measure reading and writing ability.
POST regulations prohibit examinees from taking this test more than one time in any 30-day period from any testing site in the State of California. Be advised that if you make multiple attempts to take this test within a 30-day period, POST will invalidate your test.
- Check your confirmation and plan to arrive NO LATER than event start time to allow for check-in.
- To comply with State law enforcement testing security measures, we are required to view and retain your government-issued photo ID for the duration of the exam; bring a valid Passport, Driver's License, etc.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- We do not accept walk-ins for this test.
We email test results to you via a secure pdf as soon as we receive scores from POST (normally within 7-10 days from test date).
Dates, times and locations of the test are subject to change without notice.