Jacksonville Sister Cities Association - "Doing Business with France"
Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM (EDT)
- Hon. Alvin Brown; Mayor of Jacksonville, FL
- Robert Blumel; Director, Business Development, Invest In France Agency, New York
- Larry Bernaski; Regional Manager, Enterprise Florida (Jacksonville, FL)
- Jorge Arce; Director, U.S. Commercial Service (Jacksonville, FL)
- Kevin Monahan; Certified Business Analyst, Florida Small Business Development
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Companies looking to sell or export U.S. products or services to France
- Small businesses in Northeast Florida interested in France as a potential market
If your business has not explored France as a market to sell or source your goods and services, then please attend this event.
Guest speaker from Invest In France Agency(IFA) in New York will present an overview of France business sectors and resources to help you do business there. Also, Jacksonville and federal U.S. trade representatives will discuss resources to help you explore the business side of France.
DATE AND LOCATION
When: Thursday, September 26, 2013
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (Registration & breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Where: UNF University Center
Cost: $30 per person; RSVP required..... seats are limited!
-With 65 million inhabitants, France is the second-largest consumer market in Europe after Germany and the fifth-largest economy in the world.
- Over 20,000 foreign companies currently have a base in France, employing over two million people and making an important contribution to the economy.
This seminar is a great starting point to explore the business side of France.
JSCA will gladly refund your full ticket price if you notify us before midnight on September 25. 2013. We are sorry we are unable to offer refunds after September 25. Thank you!
When & Where
Jacksonville Sister Cities Association
Jacksonville Sister Cities Association, Inc. (JSCA) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 in Jacksonville, Florida. Jacksonville has had an active sister city program since 1967. It currently is twinned with eight Sister Cities: Bahia Blanca, Argentina; Curitiba, Brazil; Changwon City, South Korea; Murmansk, Russia; Nantes, France; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, South Africa and Yingkou, China; and three Friendship Cities in China:Ningbo, Shaoxing and Suzhou.
JSCA sponsors a variety of cultural, educational, and professional exchanges with its twinned cities, bringing an international flavor to northeast Florida while developing relationships around the world. JSCA is a member of Sister Cities International, whose mission is to “promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, & cooperation – one individual, one community at a time.”
JSCA is governed by a Board of Directors led by a President elected bi-annually along with Board officers.