Jack London Square Farmers Market Harvest Festival
Join CUESA in celebrating the fall harvest and Oakland’s market community at Jack London Square Farmers Market. Savor the season with a day of tasting, learning, and Halloween family fun, and pick up pumpkins, apples, and handcrafted treats from our local farmers and food makers. See a full list of market vendors here.
Harvest Festival Activities
- Trick or treat! Bring your kids in costume to visit the CUESA Info Booth for a farmers market treat. Decorate mini pumpkins from McGinnis Ranch.
- Fall pie contest submissions, 10:00 - 11:00 am: Submit your seasonally inspired pie at the CUESA Classroom for a chance to win delicious prizes. See details, rules, and entry form »
- DIY apple cider pressing, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm (or until we run out): Enjoy apple cider pressing using an old-fashioned apple press. This is as fresh as apple juice gets! If you “DIY,” it’s free—if not, there’s a small charge to offset the cost of the delicious heirloom organic apples from our local farmers.
- Market to Table Demo, 11:00 am: Dominica Rice-Cisneros, chef/owner of Cosecha in Old Oakland, will share how to make butternut squash mole.
- Pie contest winners announced, 12:45 pm: Cheer on the contest participants and congratulate the winners!
- Market to Table Demo,1:00 pm:Gloria Polo, chef and food service manager for the East Bay Community Recovery Project, will demonstrate a recipe for carrot top pesto, and offer tips for making the most of the harvest and reducing food waste in the kitchen.
- Schoolyard to Market (all day): Students from Life Learning Academy, based on Treasure Island, will be selling plant starts and herbs from their school garden and honey from their beehive. Schoolyard to Market is a youth development, entrepreneurship, and gardening program run by CUESA. Support garden-based learning and edible education by shopping at the Schoolyard to Market booth.
More to come. Check back for updates!
All activities are free unless otherwise noted and take place at CUESA’s Jack London Square Farmers Market on Water Street at the base of Broadway in Oakland. Jack London Square Farmers Market is open on Sundays, 9 am to 2 pm, year round, rain or shine.