iZone-iHUB “24 Hour” Hackathon
Friday, February 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PHT)
iZone-iHUB’s “24 HOUR” Hackathon Event
The hack is back here in Metro Manila and this would be the biggest event you can be in this 2013!
Do you have an awesome idea or project that can be marketed globally? Do you have WHAT it takes to come up with this? We dare you to step up and take our 24-Hour Challenge!
You can also send your queries by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 15th, 2013 (Hackathon Event)
10:00AM - 1:00PM – Confirmation of Registration via Event Brite
1:00PM - 2:00PM – Orientation and Briefing
- Microsoft to provide a small demonstration about Windows 8 and Application Development for Windows 8
- iZone-iHUB staff to provide a demonstration for Hackathon
- Tips on how to survive a Hackathon - DevCon
- Question and Answer scenario for participants
2:00PM - onwards – “24 Hour” Hackathon Starts
(Mentors schedule will be posted on the site for participants to be able to make adjustment on their development of projects)
Saturday, February 16th, 2013
2:00PM - Hacking concludes and iZone-iHUB to check on contestants
2:00PM - Onwards - Screening of Project (Panelist to find out the top 3 entries)
(Top 3 entries will then be announced and they will be informed by the panellist to prepare for the presentation with the judges)
3:30PM – 3:45PM – Talk of Miss Susan Barlin
3:45PM – 4:00PM – Talk by Carlos Palma for Digital Marketing
4:00PM – 4:30PM – Talk and Q&A with RJ David
4:30PM – Announcement of Winners and closing Remarks.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
PROGRAMMERS & DEVS - Tickets are for developers who wish to participate and work on hack projects to present. If you are not working on a project please DO NOT register for a Hacker Ticket. Strictly 18 years old and above can participate and you can form a group with a maximum limit of 6 members and you can enter as an individual as well.
SPECTATORS – Special invites will be provided to certain individuals to be spectators for the event. They will be sent a formal invitation by iZone-iHUB for them to be allowed to enter the Hackathon Site.
EVENT BRITE – We will require all participants to perform pre-registration via Event Brite for them to be counted as a contender for the Hackathon. We will have two (2) types of ticket to be provided:
- PREMADE GROUPS – this are groups that have already registered their members on the registration site and automatically qualify as a contender.
- NON PREMADE GROUPS – this ticket is for individuals who would want to create their own groups on the event itself. They can provide last minute names until the competition date for them to assemble their team. If they would not be able to assemble a team and register with iZone-iHUB personnel on site on the day of the event then by default the ticket will be voided.
Every participants or groups are required to register via Event Brite for them to qualify, if any group decided to participate and does not have a ticket or registration, they would automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. The iZone-iHUB “24 Hour” Hackathon Event is open to all programmers, developers who have a keen sense for innovation and technology.
2. Only registered and validated participants will be allowed to participate in the contest. Walk-ins will not be permitted to join. Registration ends on (February 14, 2012). Validation will be sent through e-mail.
3. There must be a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of six (6) members in each Team to be eligible to participate in this event. It would be advisable for teams to create a combination of members that would maximize the way you create your ideas or project.
Example: (3) Developers, (1) Marketing Specialist, (1) Designer and (1) Project Head
4. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old of age for them to participate.
1. Teams can either chose to implement their idea as a web application, a mobile application or both without any restriction on what platforms or language to use.
2. Applications may be assembled using any mix of programming languages, application frameworks, and development tools. Participants are expected to bring the necessary tools to build their competition entry. (Be guided with the Theme Guideline as reference on what to prepare for the competition.)
3. For queries and clarifications regarding the event, you can communicate with the following numbers: 09178587896 and 09274911037. Line is open from 10AM-10PM or you can send an email to email@example.com
4. Application must be built during the entire duration of the contest. Teams are given 24 hours (from 2pm of February 15 until 2pm of February 16, 2013) to finish their entries. (Premade programs or applications outside the competition time frame is not allowed)
5. For any team who decided to give up on the duration of the Hackathon they would need to approach one of the iZone-iHUB staff for de-briefing.
6. Project should also contain a mock up (Prototype) and presentation materials for a live demo of the project to either the panel of judges or jury.
7. Pre-screening process will be done to distinguished individuals or groups and panellist will decide on the top 3 projects to be presented to the judges.
8. Teams chosen will undergo final judging by presenting their project to a panel of judges who will identify sole winner of the Hackathon Event on the Techno Summit scheduled on February 16, 2013.
9. All decisions of judges are final. Scores will be announced and winners will be decided on the end of the “24 Hour” Hackathon Event.
Criteria for Judging: 100%
- Innovation/Novelty (wow factor) – 30%
- Commercial viability (global scale) – 20%
- Technical expertise – 10%
- Solution scalability – 20%
- Completeness – 10%
- Aesthetics – 10%
Theme Guideline: Utilize the major platforms or APIs (Apple, Android, Desktop OS, and Windows w/ integration from Social Media).
Hackathon Theme: To be Announced on the Hackathon Date.
Twenty Thousand Pesos (20,000.00) Worth of Prizes
Complete Microsoft License for the top 3 selected projects
A chance as well to have the winning entry be funded by iZone-iHUB to be commercialized and monetized in value if requirements are met.
Unit No. 12 A (Penthouse) Agustin 1 Building, No. 28 F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
DevCon - Developers Connect